top of page


WUC 2021 Virtual Welcome Hub’.jpg
Untitled design (27).png

Got a question?

Take a look through our FAQ's to see if you can find your answer.

  • What do I have to do before I arrive on campus?
    Firstly, it is important that you fully complete your online registration. If you intend to bring a vehicle to the University College, you must register the details. A vehicle parking permit will be generated for you to display in the vehicle. You will have received an induction and registration email – check it for arrival and induction information.
  • How can I pay for my course?
    To pay tuition and on-site accommodation fees, please find the Finance Office window, Room L08, which is located in the Main Building. The office is open 10am to 4.45pm Monday to Thursday and Friday 10am to 4pm. The following methods for payment of fees are offered: • Credit/Debit card in person or by telephone (excluding American Express and Electron). • Bank transfer: • Quoting Barclays Bank Chelmsford • Sort Code 20-20-35 • Account Number 50936146 • Swift Code BARC GB 22 • IBAN No. GB05BARC20203550936146 Please ensure that your student ID number or name is quoted when processing the transaction. • Cash at the Finance Office, L08. • Cheques payable to Writtle University College. • Telephone payments may also be made Monday-Friday between 9am and 4.30pm. Direct line for cashier: +44 (0)1245 424207. It is your responsibility to ensure that invoices and fees are paid promptly by the date due.
  • Where can I get help after arrival?
    You will be provided with your student card on Moving in Day or on your Induction Day - if you have any issues with this once you start please contact registry at After arrival and your induction, you can use the 'Key Contacts' page to email/and to arrange an appointment with more of our support functions. Please remember that your Course Tutor/Scheme Manager is there to help you throughout your course and will be able to help and direct you with any queries or concerns you have.
  • How do I get my Student Identity Card?
    If you have enrolled online and uploaded a photograph your ID card will be issued on arrival by our course team. If you have not completed the online enrolment task and need assistance please contact Your ID card is your best friend at WUC – it identifies you as a student, lets you borrow library books, access buildings, prove your identity in exams and much more. If you are a resident, you will also need your ID card to access your meal allowance and Halls. Your ID card must be worn on your lanyard at all times whilst on campus.
  • How do I find my way around Campus?
    Upon arrival you will recieve an annotated campus map to help you find your way around our beautiful campus. The campus is signposted and if you want to see our fantastic campus before you start, why not check out our 360 Virtual Tour:
  • What is a student status letter?
    During your studies you may be required to provide information to confirm your student status, especially if you are an International student. If you need a student status letter or a letter for your bank. Please contact or visit the Registry Office (Main Building – Room L67): please contact Registry and Admissions at Letters will include your course start and end dates, registration status, mode of attendance, your name, address and date of birth.
  • How do I update my personal details
    If you change your term-time or home address, or your name, telephone number or other personal details, you must inform the University College. You will be able to update your personal details at the Registry Office. Please bring identification with you. Writtle University College is not responsible if you do not receive correspondence because you did not update your contact details.
  • How can I find out more about Disabled Students Allowance (DSA)?
    We would strongly encourage all disabled UK home students to apply for DSA to see what support can be funded. Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs)* can cover some of the extra costs you may have because of a disability. DSAs may fund one-to one support, such as study skills or specialist mentoring. DSAs may also fund specialist equipment, software and/or travel costs. DSAs ( are grants, not loans, so there is never anything to pay back. DSAs are only available to UK home students and are not means tested. If you need help or advice in applying, please come and see a member of the Learning Support team as soon as possible.
  • Where can I find out about financial support?
    Financial assistance may be available to help you if you are finding it difficult to continue your studies due to financial hardship. If you are facing financial difficulties and meet residency requirements you can make an application. Levels of support vary according to individual circumstances and each application is individually assessed. Assistance is subject to eligibility and the availability of funds. To apply for support through the Higher Education Hardship Fund* you must have a Student Loan. You will need to complete and submit an application form to Student Finance, along with evidence of income or any benefits received and an academic staff recommendation. *subject to the availability of the funding
  • How will my personal data be used and protected?
    The information that you provide during the admissions and registration process will be held electronically and maintained in accordance with the Data Protection Act. We ensure data is held securely and not disclosed to third parties without your consent. When you register or re-register online you will be asked to read a declaration about the methods we use to store and communicate your data when required. You must read this declaration carefully.
bottom of page