University life and study can take a bit of getting used to. Our Student Success team is here to empower you to stay on track with your academic study, embrace opportunity and ultimately achieve success – whatever your background!
We support all Writtle University College students with:
• Impartial careers advice and guidance
• Employability skills development
• Opportunities to engage with Employers
• Business start-up guidance, including our 'You Go Boss' seminar series
• Plus IT skills for study workshops and bookable 1-1s
For university level students we provide workshops and 1-1 support for:
• Academic writing
• SPSS Statistics
• Plus you are supported by our Learning Mentor team who run regular online workshops to help you create healthy study habits (examples: time management, organisational skills and procrastination!).
Our team may reach out and invite you in for a tailored 1-1 session to check how your studies are going and discuss ways to empower you to access the support you need to achieve success! We also recognise key achievements of our students, so we may also invite you in to discuss a Spotlight Award nomination. You can self-refer or a tutor can refer you to see a Learning Mentor via our Moodle referral form.
View our online events schedule (all events are bookable via Moodle events):
- Study Ready Tuesdays
- Career Focus Thursdays